About Me

Sheffied Hallam University - Graphic Design

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Storyboard ideas...

Now i had more of an idea of what the music reminded me of, i was able to start forming ideas about what the final animation could be. I then decided to do a few rough storyboards to see which one would be the most effective one to use.

My first storyboard was this:


It shows a meadow on a sunny day and flowers gradually popping up and blossoming, I do like this idea and i think it suits the music but i feel it is too simple and i think i could do something more.

My second idea:


Another idea i had was a story about elephants as the music involves trumpets and sounds a lot like elephants marching. For this story i thought it would be good to have elephants marching and then one of them tripping over and making them all fall down. I could use stop motion for this idea if i was going to use it for my final piece.

My third idea:


Another idea i had was to focus on a band stand on a promenade with a brass band preparing their instruments on it. This would match the start of the music, by the end of the music they would be playing, with children dancing around the band stand. I like this idea but it may be to complicated given the time i have got.

My fourth idea:


For another idea i looked at season changes, when i listen to the music it feels as if the song is developing and changing this reminds me of how nature developes as the weather changes. I focused on a tree and flowers and as the sun comes out the tree begins to blossom flowers and then as autumn comes and the sun goes in, the leaves blow of the tree and it is left bare. I really like this idea and could use cell animation for it if i chose this idea for my final piece.